all 8 comments

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Massachusetts Daily Collegian
January 26, 2005

Maura’s father, Fred Murray, sent a letter to New Hampshire Governor Craig Benson on May 21, 2004 asking him to persuade State Police to receive assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the search for his daughter. Murray never received a response.

The Republican
Wednesday, February 9, 2005

"If the police aren't looking for my daughter and I'm the only one looking for her I need that information," Murray said yesterday during a phone interview from Haverhill. "I'm asking the governor to either release the records to me or have the state police declare it a criminal investigation. Or, I'd like the governor to ask the attorney general to accept the help the FBI offered."

Lt. John K. Scarinza, commander of State Police Troop F in Twin Mountain, N.H., said the case is very much open and the FBI has been used during the investigation.

February 9, 2005

"I asked, failing that, to have it declared a criminal investigation rather than a missing person investigation, and, if he didn't want to do that, I asked him to accept the offer of the FBI to come in," Murray said after the meeting with Lynch.

Hanson Express
February 9, 2005

As the details of Maura's disappearance surfaced, questions were indeed raised about the police's investigation. The initial report by local police said that “a witness” believed Maura was drunk, but when the crash's sole eyewitness, a local school bus driver, went public, he disputed that fact. The state police have also resisted attempts by the FBI, contacted by the family, to get involved in the case.

The Patriot Ledger
February 9, 2005

"This is definitely foul play and the FBI should be on this and I'm very disappointed that this didn't happen sooner,'' Murray said.

The Murrays are encouraging the public to E-mail Lynch this week to ask that officials re-examine the case with the assistance of the FBI. They also request that everyone display a blue ribbon on car antennae, rear view mirrors and homes as a reminder to pray for Maura.

The Hampshire Union Leader
February 10, 2005

"I asked, failing that, to have it declared a criminal investigation rather than a missing person investigation, and, if he didn't want to do that, I asked him to accept the offer of the FBI to come in," Murray said after the meeting with Lynch.

The Caledonian-Record
February 10, 2005

Murray said he also asked Lynch to have state police ask for help from the FBI to help with the investigation to find his daughter.

"If the state police can't do it, get people in who are willing," he said. "Get it listed as a criminal investigation to get manpower on it. Also, if it is listed as a criminal investigation, the FBI does not need to be asked by the state police to become involved."

Strelzin said he believes the information Murray is seeking is "withholdable" under the Freedom of Information Act. And he does not believe his boss, Attorney General Kelly Ayotte, will call in the FBI.

Boston Herald
February 10, 2005

The father of a University of Massachusetts at Amherst student who vanished a year ago on a New Hampshire road asked Gov. John Lynch yesterday to release records of the investigation and accept the FBI's offer to help find her.

"Right now, I am the investigation," Fred Murray said "That's why I want the information."

New Hampshire state police have declined the FBI's offer to help find Maura Murray, saying there is no evidence of foul play, even though the nursing student and former West Point cadet left behind her car and belongings after it skidded into a snowbank on Route 112 in Haverhill.

Portsmouth Herald
February 10, 2005

“I asked, failing that, to have it declared a criminal investigation rather than a missing person investigation, and, if he didn’t want to do that, I asked him to accept the offer of the FBI to come in,” Murray said after the meeting with Lynch.

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Whitman-Hanson Express
July 12, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/MauraMurrayEvidence/comments/4yq4rq/newspaper_articles/d7kipgb Earlier that same Wednesday morning, Fred tipped off the media that he was headed to the N.H. State House in Concord in hopes of meeting newly-elected Governor John Lynch. With media at his heels, Fred did meet with Lynch for about 10 minutes.

This was his latest plea for FBI help in the case. Since Maura was still considered a missing person, the FBI could only join the investigation if invited by New Hampshire State Police.

The press conference was another attempt by Fred to push for FBI help. He and the other families believed the three cases could be connected and since the Maitland and Murray cases crossed state lines, the FBI should be involved, they reasoned.

"Why wouldn't [state police] want the best help in the world?" Fred asked in a later interview. The FBI had been involved on a limited basis shortly after Maura disappeared, but its role was restricted to interviewing Maura's family and friends in Massachusetts. The Bureau would later take a more aggressive role in the Maitland disappearance but it has not been publicly involved in Maura's case.

Exactly one month later, on June 8, 2005, Vermont and New Hampshire State Police issued a joint press release stating there was no connection between the Maura Murray and Brianna Maitland cases. "Investigators believe that Maura was headed for an unknown destination and may have accepted a ride in order to continue to that location," said Lt. Scarinza in the release, adding there were "no signs of any struggle, or any other evidence, which would indicate that a crime had been committed."

In March of 2005, Fred, always relentless, made another push for FBI intervention and the release of police records on his daughter's investigation. He met with Attorney General Kelly Ayotte, Senior Asst. Atty. Gen. Jeff Strelzin, State Police Sgt. Robert Bruno, who is now retired, and State Police Lt. John Scarinza. In this meeting Fred again passed along the information regarding the knife. When Fred still didn't hear back from police after that meeting, he later said, "I knew I was doomed."

New Hampshire Union Leader / New Hampshire Sunday News
October 28, 2007

Her father, Fred Murray of Weymouth, Mass., wants the FBI to take over the case. He believes the searches came too little, too late to save Maura, that more should have been done the night she crashed the Saturn.

"The police in New Hampshire can't do it. They've had three and a half years of nothing happening; that proves it," said Murray, a persistent critic of New Hampshire State Police Troop F and Haverhill police. "It's similar to a situation with a fire burning out of control. If the locals can't handle it, they call for help, and 'F Troop' is overmatched."

Murray said police waited 11 days to interview some of the people who lived near the accident site and then did so only after they were prompted. And, he said, police waited months before heeding pleas to call Dominic and Linda Salamone, who rent a condominium in Bartlett, even though Maura's phone records indicated she called their number at 1 p.m. the day she disappeared.

"Why would anybody have a reasonable belief (the police) were going to investigate at all?" Murray said.

It took at least 40 hours before a police brought a dog to track Maura's scent, he said. And then, Maura's scent ended in the road 100 yards from the crash with no hint of foul play, leading police to believe she took a ride away from the scene.

"I can't get it out of my mind that something stinks. I want to know what state trooper John Monahan was doing after the (dispatcher's) call when my daughter was walking down the street in pitch black with no one to ask for help, nowhere to run and nowhere to hide," Murray said.

The New Hampshire Union Leader
Tuesday, October 30, 2007

FBI help Murray wants the FBI to take over the investigation. The FBI conducted some interviews with Maura's friends early on, but nothing substantial, he said, adding authorities should invite them to participate now in the full investigation.

"We need an organization to take a fresh look with an unjaundiced eye," Murray said.

New Hampshire Union Leader
October 30, 2007


"What is so surprising is no one has come up with anything, not a trace. We've had the FBI, police, several search teams. People just don't disappear without a trace. That's unheard of," said Maura's mother, Laurie Murray, who lives in the family home in Hanson, Mass.

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Boston Globe
February 3, 2008

Last September, the FBI signaled how seriously it takes the risk posed by those who prey on children when it added New Hampshire pedophile Jon Savarino Schillaci to its Ten Most Wanted list, alongside Osama bin Laden and James "Whitey" Bulger.

The Caledonian-Record
February 9, 2008

Because of the way the investigation has been handled by Haverhill police, the state police and even the state's major crimes unit, Fred Murray wants outside law enforcement involvement. He cannot fathom why police will not bring the FBI and its resources into the investigation.

"I think it is time for the feds to take a look," he said. "Of course, I wanted that to happen in the beginning, but the state police said they could handle it. They couldn't. It's four years later ... time for someone else to take a crack at it."

The Patriot Ledger
February 9, 2008

Murray added that he would still like the FBI to get involved in the case, because I want someone to get a fresh look at it. But that agency won't join the investigation, he said, unless the New Hampshire authorities ask them to.

The FBI offered to come in, but they were rebuffed, Murray said.

Attempts to reach New Hampshire State Police Lt. John Scarinza, the investigator in charge of the case, were unsuccessful.

ABC News - 20/20
August 14, 2008

Figures gathered by the FBI say there are over 21,500 active missing person cases involving people between the ages of 18 and 29. Brooke Wilberger and Maura Murray are two young women included in that tragic statistic. Their stories powerfully illustrate how communities can rally and families' faith and hope get tested when a loved one has vanished.


Figures gathered by the FBI say there are more than 21,500 active missing person cases involving people between the ages of 18 and 29. Wilberger and Murray are now included in that tragic statistic. Their stories powerfully illustrate how communities can rally, and how families' faith and hope get tested when a loved one has vanished.

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

The Caledonian-Record
February 9, 2009

Since 2004 Murray has wanted FBI involvement to address the mysteries of the case.

Wants FBI Involved

Because of what he perceives is a lack of movement on the case, Murray is again calling for the FBI to be involved.

Maura's trip Feb. 9, 2004, took her through three states, Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire.

"Plus, you have her marching into the federal forest," he said. "You have three states and federal property. The FBI should enter the case because of irregularities. The FBI should enter because of the amount of violence in the area.

"Firemen ask for help when they can't put a fire out," Murray said. "But firemen aren't hiding anything."

Helena Murray, who is one of Maura's relatives and is the site administrator for mauramurraymissing.com, has not given up in her search for Maura.

"It's a long time," she said. "It's unbelievable to me. It's five years and my heart goes out to Fred and Laurie. I don't know how people do it. You want to have hope, but there is nothing. I don't think she is still with us."

Strelzin did not return several telephone calls last week; Scarinza was unavailable for comment; and Haverhill police are referring any questions about Maura's disappearance to state police.

The Caledonian-Record
March 19, 2009

Hall is working the case with Detective Sgt. Matt Birmingham. They have other detectives available as well. And the FBI also is available for assistance, but Hall said no agents are currently assigned to the case.

ABC News 20/20
September 21, 2009

Their stories are similar in many ways. Both were smart, beautiful young women with loving friends and family. They were active in their communities. They had boyfriends who adored them. They were on the verge of very bright futures. Then they disappeared. Figures gathered by the FBI say there are more than 21,500 active missing person cases involving people between the ages of 18 and 29. Now, one family continues to searches for answers.

SOCO Magazine
April 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/MauraMurrayEvidence/comments/4yq4rq/newspaper_articles/d87xbpx The FBI has never been actively involved, Murray said, something he has continually pushed for. Belanger said the FBI was never involved because the FBI requires that missing-person cases, such as Maura's, must meet certain parameters in order for them to get involved, and that this case does not meet those requirements.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MauraMurrayEvidence/comments/4yq4rq/newspaper_articles/d87y6rt O'Connell's team of investigators includes Anne Marie Myers, director of the Molly Bish Foundation, forensic anthropologist, and member of the Boston medical examiners' office; Craig Ackley, a retired FBI agent formerly in charge of the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit and an expert in criminal behavior; Daniel Parkka, a retired Massachusetts police officer who did a reconstruction of the accident scene; and Carla Meyers, a retired New Hampshire attorney.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MauraMurrayEvidence/comments/4yq4rq/newspaper_articles/d87y80v O 'Connell wanted to get the FBI to persuade the state police to reopen Patric's case, in the hopes that it would officially be determined that he was murdered. On May 27, 2004 he arranged a meeting at the FBI office in Bedford, N.H., with four FBI agents, one US attorney, and West. Upon concluding a three hour presentation on his findings about Parric's death, O'Connell was told by FBI agent Jay Fallon, "You've convinced the FBI this case stinks of foul play." O'Connell recalled looking over at West, who said, "I told you before, Terry, unless you've come up with substantial evidence we are not going to reopen this case."

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Concord Monitor
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Part 1

In the beginning, there was hope. Tips and leads streamed in, search dogs were unleashed, helicopters took to the air. Sightings were reported to authorities – inside a church in Vermont, at a convenience store in central New Hampshire, at a bar in Rochester – but never confirmed. The FBI questioned college acquaintances. Local and national news outlets published stories about the disappearance, about the strange personal events leading up to it, about Fred’s disdain for the New Hampshire police’s handling of the initial search. Fred went on daytime television to discuss the case. Strangers on the internet theorized endlessly about Maura’s fate: Had she been kidnapped, murdered? Was it suicide? Did she freeze to death in the woods or run away to a new life? Is she still alive?

But months turned to years and the tips stopped pouring in. Now, nearly a decade out, the prospect for resolution is dimming for the 70-year-old father.

By Thursday, the search had expanded into Vermont. Fred and Maura’s boyfriend held a news conference that evening. Just over a week after the disappearance, the FBI began assisting with investigation by interviewing friends and family in Massachusetts, trying to ascertain anything that would clarify Maura’s decision to leave without telling anyone.

He and others demanded that the FBI take over the investigation (the federal agency had helped briefly and only in Massachusetts). But the agency only gets involved if there is evidence of a federal crime, such as a kidnapping or murder on federal land. And Jeff Strelzin, senior assistant attorney general for New Hampshire, said the state had – and still has – no reason to believe that was the case.

Spend any time with Fred Murray discussing his daughter’s disappearance or the events that have unfolded since and one thing will become abundantly clear: He harbors a deep mistrust of New Hampshire law enforcement, citing the way the state police handled its initial investigation, the attorney general’s office withholding of information and, as he describes it, its stubborn refusal to ask the FBI for help.

The initial investigation was “amateurish” at best, he said – slow, sloppy and irrational. It should never have taken state police a day and a half to become fully involved in the search, he insisted.

“You can’t blow off the first 36 hours of an investigation like this and have any structure and integrity to it,” he said. “You’ve lost a hot trail.”

Nor should it have taken investigators 10 days to finally approach and interview neighbors near the crash site, he added. And when his daughter’s car was discovered, someone should have called ahead to notify the police department in Woodstock, the nearest town in the direction Maura was likely headed, in case she had gotten a ride from someone.

And investigators should have consulted family members before conducting the first search; Fred said they used a pair of gloves from the Saturn as a scent, gloves that were a Christmas gift which Maura wore infrequently if at all.

The police eventually did conduct a respectable investigation, he said, investing hundreds of hours into ground and air searches, but the critical part, those first precious hours, was “botched.” At that point, “the horse was out of the barn.”

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Concord Monitor
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Part 2
https://www.reddit.com/r/MauraMurrayEvidence/comments/4yq4rq/newspaper_articles/d7m3am8 Fred believes that everything would be different if the FBI were holding the reins. The tough questions would be asked. Family members would be tapped for relevant information that could lead to tangible results. Every lead and speck of evidence would be upturned.

“My daughter just went missing in the wrong place,” he said. “If I had the FBI and I got new information, then I’d have the confidence something would happen with it. The other way is a black hole. I’m left to just let my imagination wander.”

“If I make people uncomfortable, I have no option,” he said. “You put me in this situation. If you told me nine years ago what was going on, I wouldn’t be still pounding away with the FBI. But you didn’t, and so here I am.

“I’m not going away because I can’t. It’s impossible as a human being to let this rest. I owe it to my daughter to do everything I can.”

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

The New Hampshire Union Leader
August 25, 2013

Israel Keyes: FBI is seeking public’s help in effort to identify some of his 11 victims. Alaskan serial killer Israel Keyes was registered April 9, 2009, at the Highlander Inn in Manchester during a week in which he kidnapped a woman from one East Coast state, killed her in another and ultimately dumped her body in a third state, he later confessed to the FBI.

“During that trip, he told us, he had murdered someone,” said FBI Special Agent Jolene Goeden. “We believe she was kidnapped from New Jersey and taken to another state where she was murdered, and then he disposed of her body in upstate New York.”

Could Keyes, 34, an Anchorage contractor and handyman who traveled extensively and is believed to have murdered 11 strangers, have killed the unidentified New Jersey woman in New Hampshire, since he flew into the Manchester airport on April 7, 2009, and flew back to Seattle a week later?

“We just don’t know. It is certainly possible,” Goeden said, given his familiarity with New Hampshire and the East Coast in general, which he referred to as his “stomping grounds.”

About the victim, Keyes taunted investigators in 2012 after his arrest: “I’m not giving a name today.” It was a busy week in April 2009 for Keyes, who rented a 2007 Hyundai Sonata in Manchester with a license plate X74QFZ, according to a time line of his whereabouts on the FBI website.

He put 1,047 miles on the rental car during that time and is believed to have robbed a bank in Tupper Lake, N.Y., the day after he registered at the Highlander Inn in Manchester.

Keyes, an Army veteran who committed suicide in an Anchorage jail cell last December, was no stranger to New Hampshire, having flown Southwest Airlines to Manchester on Oct. 6, 2004, putting 1,745 miles on a rented red Kia Amanti, license plate 1230139, before flying back to Seattle 10 days later.

He also took a couple of flights from the Northwest to Boston and Chicago from 2008 to 2011. Keyes admitted to randomly killing Bill and Lorraine Currier -- a middle-aged married couple -- on June 8, 2011, in Essex, Vt.

The FBI believes Keyes murdered a total of 11 people, but he identified only three -- the Curriers and Anchorage barista Samantha Koenig, 18 -- during extensive FBI interviews while awaiting trial in connection with Koenig’s slaying.

Help requested

The FBI is asking for help from people in New Hampshire and across the country to trace Keyes’ travels and learn the identity of the other victims whose bodies have not been found and whose loved ones may not have even reported them missing. The FBI said his victims were mostly female and ranged in age from teenagers to the elderly.

Authorities do not believe Keyes had anything to do with the disappearance in New Hampshire of nursing student Maura Murray from Route 112 in Haverhill on Feb. 9, 2004, or the murder of Celina Cass, 11, in Stewartsown two years ago, she said.

“We are asking for people to look at the time line on the FBI website and the time frames to see if any missing people fit that time frame and to call the FBI,” Goeden said.

Associate Attorney General Jane Young said the FBI has been in ongoing contact with New Hampshire State Police.

“I am aware the FBI and the Major Crimes Unit have had ongoing dialogue about Keyes,” Young said Friday, but she had no additional information regarding Keyes’ trips to New Hampshire and New England or potential victims here.

“Murder kits”

He was known to drive long distances. Keyes flew from Anchorage, where he lived with his girlfriend and daughter, to Chicago on June 2, 2011, rented a car and drove to Essex, killing the Curriers on June 8, 2011, according to the time line. #Then he traveled around the East Coast before driving back to Chicago.

Keyes was known to leave “murder kits” around the country containing weapons and cash from bank robberies he committed, according to the FBI.

“As to the April 2009 victim, we think we know who she is,” Goeden said, “but we are looking for additional information.”

Keyes was unusual in the realm of serial killers because he killed men and women and didn’t have a specific age or type, although he did prefer strangulation as the method to kill his victims, Goeden said.

“He chose victims more based on the situation, if he saw a good opportunity versus the specific person,” Goeden said.

Goeden interviewed Keyes many times.

“There were times we talked to him and had a normal conversation, like you were talking to your next-door neighbor,” she said. “Other times when he was talking about his crimes, it was a different Israel Keyes, the other side he didn’t think people would ever see.”

Keyes liked talking about his double life.

“He enjoyed the fact that he fooled people,” Goeden said.

She encouraged families who know of missing loved ones whose disappearance may coincide with the time line to call the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

“There still are a lot of unknowns, unanswered questions for families out there,” Goeden said.

FBI seeks help

Alaskan serial killer Israel Keyes is believed to have committed multiple kidnappings and 11 murders across the country, including New England and possibly New Hampshire between 2001 and March 2012 before committing suicide in an Anchorage jail cell. The FBI is seeking assistance in developing more information about his travels to identify additional victims.

Anyone with information concerning Keyes or missing loved ones is encouraged to contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

New Hampshire Union Leader
January 7, 2014
Missing teen: The FBI said the three-month span does not mean much to the investigation seeking to find the North Conway girl. - Nearly 3 months later, awaiting word from Abigail

The FBI’s Kieran Ramsey said the three-month span does not mean much to the investigation. He cited previous cases as examples: In 2011, 11-year-old Celina Cass vanished from her northern New Hampshire home and was found dead a week later, but Maura Murray disappeared in 2004 after a one-car accident on New Hampshire Route 112 in Haverhill and still has not been found.

“I don’t want to comment on the size and scale of what we are doing, but the posture of this investigation has not changed. There are still very active efforts going on, between the Conway police, the state police, and the FBI.”

“Sadly, she still hasn’t been found,” Ramsey said.

Boston Magazine
January 28, 2014

Online sleuthing stepped into the spotlight this past April, when the FBI asked for the public’s help in identifying the Boston Marathon bombers. The agency, though, was drawing on a long tradition of crowdsourcing investigations—one that stretches from Wild West wanted posters to TV’s America’s Most Wanted.


Even after a decade, Fred wants more answers about what the police were doing—or not doing—in the two days after Maura’s disappearance. This year, he’s renewing his call for the FBI to investigate the officers who conducted the original investigation.

“Fred has been a difficult person to deal with from the beginning,” Strelzin says. “I understand a lot of where he is coming from, but I feel his anger is misplaced.”

February 5, 2014

"I have been asking for the FBI for 10 years to enter the case," he said. "I am still asking as I sit here right now to enter the case. It is the only way this will be solved."

"The case has been investigated by the Attorney General's Office and the state police," Strelzin said. "There hasn't been a need to bring in another agency full time, although the FBI has lended assistance in the past."

The Patriot Ledger / The Enterprise
February 8, 2014

The FBI has helped New Hampshire investigators follow leads around the country, and with forensic testing, a bureau spokesman said.

Murray wants the FBI more heavily involved. He is also continuing his own investigation, following tips he receives.

New York Daily News / Concord Monitor
Saturday, February 8, 2014

Murray is frustrated and angry, convinced New Hampshire state police didn't call in the FBI 10 years ago and still won't for fear of exposing their own foibles.

The Caledonian-Record
February 8, 2014

"I'm only hopeful if the FBI comes in and takes over the case," said Fred Murray. "Other than that, it will take some luck, someone who gives me information that turns out to be accurate, or, barring that, somebody who knows something and gets mad at someone else and squeals on them, or someone getting loaded and bragging."

Strelzin said an arrest or an answer to Maura's disappearance is "impossible to predict at this point." The New Hampshire attorney general's office is the lead agency on the case, with the FBI called in as needed, he said.

"Any case at some point could be resolved, and certainly that's a hope for this case," said Kieran Ramsey, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI's Boston office, which covers New Hampshire. "Sadly and very tragically, some cases take far longer than we want them to."

The Caledonian-Record
December 31, 2015

Residents Petition FBI in Maura Murray Case

As the 12-year mark of her disappearance nears, a Bethlehem man is circulating an on-line petition to get the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) involved in the case of Maura Murray. The petition, which was started a week ago, now has more than 400 supporters.

“There are a lot of local people who have signed this petition, and it was pleasing to know so many locals are concerned about Maura and her family,” John E. Smith, a former Littleton police officer and founder of Truth Seekers Investigations, said this week.

“A lot of people are demanding answers,” he said. “I never realized there was this many. A lot of people know something went wrong, that something happened that night.”

On Feb. 9, 2004, Murray left her University of Massachusetts-Amherst campus to drive to the White Mountains. That evening, her black 1996 Saturn was found after a single-car crash beside Route 112 in Haverhill, near the Weathered Barn corner.

Murray was not inside and to this day has not been found.

Theories abound as to what happened to her, with some believing the accident was staged and she intended to run away, and others, like Smith, believing she was abducted at her car or after she left it.

Some, too, feel the police investigation in the crucial first few hours was handled improperly and too slowly and not enough interviews were conducted.

Smith said he has been working with the Murray family for 12 years and said Fred Murray, Maura’s father, wants FBI involvement.

“I’ve been pushing for the FBI since the very first morning of the case,” said Fred Murray, of Massachusetts, said Wednesday.

Smith said, “We have been having such a hard time with the case. There have been inaccuracies and inconsistencies.”

In recent months, Smith has participated in pod casts by Tim Pilleri and Lance Reenstierna, of Massachusetts.

“We are getting the information out there, but we really need to push for the FBI to get involved,” he said. “We don’t want the story to go away because answers need to come out.”

After Murray went missing, Smith obtained his private investigator license.

Owing to poor health, his license expired and his work has slowed, but he said his participation in the recent pod casts gave him a new-found focus on the Murray case.

“Our goal is to get the FBI involved to get new eyes on the case, because it’s sitting stagnant with the [N.H.] Cold Case Unit,” he said.

Fred Murray said that area of Route 112 was patrolled by N.H. State Police and the crash occurred on a Monday, but two days later on that Wednesday there was still no real search and to this day no state police report.

“The only one that can get the state police to talk is the FBI,” he said. “Twelve years later I’m still asking for the FBI.”

The petition can be found at change.org.

People from other states have signed it, including one from Arizona.